Friday, January 17, 2014

Merry Monday #91 - Snowman or Snowpeople

Good morning friends.  Another snowy day here in West Michigan, so I think my card for today is VERY appropriate!  The latest Merry Monday challenge is to use a snowman (or snowpeople) on your card, and that was certainly no problem for me as a snowman lover! :0)  Last week when I was searching for a certain stamp (which I never did find!!) and found "Riley", I also found the stamp that I'm using on todays card.  It was one of the first stamps I ever bought and hasn't seen ink in ages and ages!  It's by Inky Antics and I'd forgotten how cute it is!  Take a look:


One of my favorite color combinations is red, white, & blue, and although I will definitely be using this card for Christmas, it doesn't scream Christmas with this color combo and would work great for a winter birthday or hello card.  I used SU!'s "Northern Flurry" ef for my background and added a few diamond dots to the centers of the snowflakes.  The stamp itself I inked using Night of Navy and then used a Copic (R29) to color in a little on the 2 scarves and hat.  I also added a little Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the snowflakes above the top & bottom snowmen (if you click to enlarge the picture you can see it better!).  I used Real Red cs to layer with both the background and the stamped image.  I finished with a piece of ribbon that says "Let it Snow".  This would be a quick and easy card to mass produce if needed, and is also pretty flat, so easy to mail! :0)  And yes, my inside of the card is finished also! :0)


Well, 2 cards done for Christmas now, so my "stash" is officially started!  Good feeling!! :0)  And if you love snowmen like I do, make sure you check out all the other entries over at the Merry Monday site here ... LOTS of great inspiration and cute, cute cards!!  Have a great weekend everyone, and thanks so much for stopping by...I love it when you do! :0)

2 comments:

Cherie said...

Those snowmen are adorable! I love their noses. The touch of red coloring is the perfect touch. Those diamonds make sure you don't forget to admire the background, too.

Notes by Nina said...

Very cute card, these are great colours. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.